Composite Decking – the low maintenance alternative
What is composite decking?
Composite decking is a man-
Aesthetically, composites can look reasonably similar to natural timber boards and are usually available in a range of contemporary, easy to maintain tropical wood tones. Composites can vary in uniformity from consistent wood grain patterns to a unique, non-repeating colour and grain which will allow you to customise your individual look.
Composite decking is considered to be lower in maintenance in contrast to timber decking. The blistering summers and cold, rainy winters of Australia can leave traditional timber boards splintered or faded if a sealer product is not regularly applied. The composite alternatives are easy to keep clean, and are fade and stain resistant to keep maintenance time low.
Invest in the best
Like all products on the market, while some composites are good, others are not. The old adage “You get what you pay for” is very much applicable to a composite product. At Timber Decking Supply Shed we recommend that you check with your supplier for the following product attributes:
- Strength – does the composite have a high Modulus of Elasticity (MOE) and Modulus of Rupture (MOR) to ensure it will not sag and flex between joists over time?
- Safe & Stable – is the composite slippery, especially when wet?
- Stain & Fade Resistant – is the composite resistant to everyday stains and contain a UV inhibitor to provide added colour retention.
- Moisture & Thermal Resistant – A good composite will have excellent moisture and thermal resistance – minimising problems commonly associated with expansion and contraction.
- Colour & Grain – Do you want uniformity of grain or a non-repeating colour and grain appearance?
- Warranty – Does your composite have a warranty and for how long is the product covered? Will the composite need to be installed by a specialised installer to be covered? Is the warranty transferrable or will it become void once the property is sold?
Composite decking has a number of advantages over traditional wood decking, although you need to ensure the product you choose is suitable for your needs. The Duralife composite decking provided by Timber Decking Supply Shed comes with a 25 year stain and fade warranty – the most comprehensive warranty on the market, meaning you can feel secure that even if your decking were to succumb to the effects of time, your warranty will cover it.
Contact Timber Decking Supply Shed in Perth today to discuss your decking needs and let us help you identify which option best suits that need.
“These guys have become my one stop shop for all outdoor living and decking supplies. The high quality of all their timber products, matched by their friendly, efficient service and competitive prices means a lot to my business.”Scott Turnbull, Turnbull Building Solutions
“I have been building decks for years and have tried numerous suppliers. Timber Decking Supply Shed is one of the rare bunch that go out of their way to actually prevent problems. No wonder I choose do deal with them!”Justin Sherrell, Builder
“After discovering Timber Decking Supply Shed my worries were over. I have never met people so passionate about their timber. Their knowledge of products and installation has been brilliant and my project looks great!”Adrian and Michelle Penny, DIYers